Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Win Again...

October 26, 2008.

French Open champion Ana Ivanovic clinched her first title since Roland Garros with a 6-2 6-1 victory over Vera Zvonareva in the Linz Open.

The battle of the top seeds proved a one-sided affair with the Serb breaking her Russian opponent on no fewer than six occasions, completing the win in 50 minutes.

Ivanovic suffered a loss of form after bagging her first Grand Slam title before a thumb injury forced her to miss the Olympic Games, but showed signs of a revival by reaching the last four in Zurich last week. "It's great to be in the final and win again," said Ivanovic. "I'm very, very happy. I've started to feel my game again and I've been playing better and better each match. "Before, I was too stressed about injury and wanted to win so much, but now I've started to enjoy playing and competing again."

Zvonareva, a two-time winner this season, had the consolation of securing her place in the season-ending WTA Championships next month by reaching the final in Linz. "She played very good and I probably paid the price today for playing seven weeks in row," Zvonareva said. "I couldn't keep my concentration on a single point today so it was very difficult. "I made my choice after the US Open to play every week because there were a lot of girls who wanted to get into the Championships and at the end of the day I got to where I wanted to be. "But today I had to pay the price. I couldn't push myself any more."

See another career of Ana : Click

0 comments:

 
© free template by Blogspot tutorial